Winter Carnival: Winter Carnival week is January 6-11, 2014. Please visit the Winter Carnival web page for details.
North / Memorial A.P. Success: The Eau Claire Area School District has been named to the College Board’s 4th Annual AP® District Honor Roll. Superintendent Mary Ann Hardebeck said, “North and Memorial High School students and staff are to be congratulated on attaining an increase in student participation in Advanced Placement courses while at the same time maintaining or improving the number of students who achieved a score of 3 or better on the Advanced Placement exams. Helping more high school students gain access to rigorous college-level course work and to see them earn higher AP scores affirms ECASD’s commitment to offer an academically challenging secondary school program for all of our students.” To see the complete press release, please click here.
School Closures / 2-Hour Delays: Decisions about whether to close school due to inclement weather or to use a two-hour delay are typically made by 6 a.m. Announcements of these decisions are made by local television and radio stations, on the District website and via the District’s Facebook and Twitter accounts. When a TWO-HOUR DELAY is announced, the following changes will be made to the school day:
- Busses will run two hours after their normal schedule
- Buildings will begin classes two hours after the normal start time (At North, students will report to period 3 at 9:40 am. Additionally, no Early Bird classes will run and before-school practices/meetings are cancelled.)
- Cold breakfast will be served at all schools except Robbins
- School lunch will be at or around the normal time
- All morning and afternoon District Early Learning Programs (Head Start, Early Learning & EC4T) will be cancelled.
As we know, weather conditions can change rapidly. In the event that a two-hour delay must be reconsidered, the decision to close schools for the full day will be made no later than 8 a.m.