School Closures / 2-Hour Delays: Decisions about whether to close school due to inclement weather or to use a two-hour delay are typically made by 6 a.m. Announcements of these decisions are made by local television and radio stations, on the District website and via the District’s Facebook and Twitter accounts. When a TWO-HOUR DELAY is announced, the following changes will be made to the school day:
- Busses will run two hours after their normal schedule
- Buildings will begin classes two hours after the normal start time (At North, students will report to period 3 at 9:40 am. Additionally, no Early Bird classes will run and before-school practices/meetings are cancelled.)
- Cold breakfast will be served at all schools except Robbins
- School lunch will be at or around the normal time
- All morning and afternoon District Early Learning Programs (Head Start, Early Learning & EC4T) will be cancelled.
As we know, weather conditions can change rapidly. In the event that a two-hour delay must be reconsidered, the decision to close schools for the full day will be made no later than 8 a.m.