Article I: Meeting of the Association
At meetings of the Association, the following order of business shall be observed
- Roll Call
- Reading minutes of the previous meeting
- Financial Report
Article II: Selection Committee
The Selection Committee shall interpret the rules for induction as set forth by this Association.
The Selection Committee shall hear all complaints or disputes between/among members of the Association, but no member of the Committee who is involved in any dispute shall sit in hearing of such complaint or dispute.
The Selection Committee shall determine the time and the conditions of the final selection to the Hall of Fame and other designated Association events.
Article III: Chairperson
The Chairperson shall preside at all meetings of the Association and of the Selection Committee and, in general, perform the duties of the office and shall appoint special committees necessary to further the interests and purposes of the Association.
Duties of the Chairperson
- Mail all available information about committee meetings at least 14 days in advance.
- Make a list of all nominees available to the Selection Committee.
- Provide resumes of all nominees to members of the Selection Committee. When possible, authenticate resumes.
- With approval of the Selection Committee, make and publish rules for all situations.
- After the Hall of Fame selection, send the information to the press, radio, television and association.
- Ensure and facilitate an induction ceremonies. Notify all inductees and, when possible, ensure honoree's presence.
- Secure a chairperson for each committee that is formed. These positions should be given to people who are knowledgeable of the school's traditions and history and Memorials present policies, procedures and culture.
Article IV: Rules for Induction
All selections shall be made under, and in accordance with, the current rules, as approved by the Selection Committee, with such amendments and interpretations as may be adopted by the Association. A Rules Committee may adopt any unusual rules that, in its judgment, may be warranted, but only with the approval of the Selection Committee.
Rules for Induction:
- Must have attended Eau Claire Senior High School or Eau Claire Memorial High School at least one full year or shall have been a graduate of the school.
- Must have been out of school at last five (5) years.
- If not a former student of the school s/he must have contributed significantly, in some way, to the promotion of sports in the Eau Claire Area School District.
- Exemplary conduct is a pre-requisite for any inductee.
Article V: Eligibility
- Athletes, Coaches and Athletic Directors are eligible.
- Nominee must have participated in a sport sanctioned by an organization having a state athletic status's unless there was an extenuating circumstance that the voting committee accepts,
- Also outstanding accomplishments after leaving high school will be a factor in making the selections,
- Once nominated you will stay on the list for five (5) years and then be able to be nominated again.
Article VI: Induction Numbers
- The first year of voting for inductees, there will be no more than twenty (20) nominees inducted,
- The second year of voting for inductees, there will be no more than ten (10) nominees inducted,
- The third and succeeding years of the Eau Claire Old Abe Hall of Fame voting,there will be no more the five (5) nominees inducted,
- Finances will come from the Booster Club.
Article VII: Nominations
- Anyone may nominate an athlete, coach or Athletic Director
- To nominate individuals. Coaches or Athletic Directors, forms can be picked up in the Athletic Directors Office or on the web site,
- The nominees resumes can be given to the Athletic Directors office or mailed to the Athletic Directors office and turned over to the Chairperson of the Selection Committee.
Article VIII: Voting for Hall of Fame
- the selection committee will read discuss and vote for the nominees in April prior to the induction ceremony,
- Individuals on the selection committee will vote for the number prescribed by the By-laws.
Article IX: Recognition
The inductees of the Hall of Fame honors will receive a letter honoring their accomplishments and a plaque with their picture and accomplishments displayed on a wall at Memorial High School.
Article X: Ceremony
- Inductees will be recognized by events organized by Selection Committee. Media-school newspapers, school website, Hall of Fame website and the Leader Telegram will publicize the event. (Or any other media outlet)
- Inductees to the Hall of Fame will be notified as soon as the voting is done. All information on procedures will be provided. Any inductee who is deceased, family member(s) will be notified and invited to the ceremony.
Article XI: Other Awards
A wall of Champions will consist of champions of individual, relay teams, families, or supporters who do not meet the criteria for the Hall of Fame.
Article V: By-Law Changes
At any regular meeting of the Selection Committee or at any special meeting when reaffirmed by members of the Association, these By-Laws may be altered, or suspended without notice by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the members present.