OUR NEXT OUTDOOR MEET IS THE REGIONAL MEET ON MONDAY MAY20TH AT NEW RICHMOND HIGH SCHOOL.
This is a meet for varsity athletes only. Competing athletes are dismissed from class aT 12:45. The bus will leave @ 1:10. Field events start @ 3:30 and running events begin @ 4:15. For a schedule of events, please use the link on the right side of this page under "2013 Schedules".
Use the link below to view the tentative heat and lane assignments:
Competing schools: Chippewa Falls, Eau Claire Memorial, Eau Claire North, Hudson, Menomonie, New Richmond, Rice Lake, River Falls, and Superior.
CONCUSSION MANAGEMENT LINKS:
If you've experienced difficulty accessing the concussion links on the athletic page, try using these links:
Athlete link: http://sped.dpi.wi.gov/files/sped/pdf/tbi-conc-facts-athletes.pdf
Parent link: http://sped.dpi.wi.gov/files/sped/pdf/tbi-conc-facts-parents.pdf
Parent / athlete agreement link: http://sped.dpi.wi.gov/files/sped/pdf/tbi-conc-parath-agree.pdf
SPRING SPORTS CODE SIGNING MEETING SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY FEBRUARY 18TH
First-time MHS athletes and transfers and a parent/guardian must attend the code meeting @ 5:45 PM in the Little Theatre at Memorial High School. Those who attended the code meeting in the fall or winter do not need to attend the meeting at 5:45, but would need to attend the sport meeting @ 6:30 PM.
All spring sport athletes and a parent/guardian (including those that attended the meeting at 5:45) must attend the sport meeting @ 6:30 PM @ Memorial High School. The location of the track and field meeting will be announced.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE MEETING:
1. WIAA physical card signed by a licensed practicing physician or nurse practicioner and dated April 1, 2011 or later.
2. The name of your health insurance carrier AND athlete's insurance policy number.
3. Emergency contact names and phone numbers.
4. Printed Head Injury and Concussion forms - signed and dated by the athlete and parent/guardian. Links to the concussion information and signature ticket are available on the Memorial athletic web page. This must be done even if the athlete has competed in a fall or winter sport.
5. Printed receipt of the Athletic Code. Links to the athletic code and signature ticket are available on the Memorial athletic web page.
6. Along with submitting the forms listed above, to be cleared to practice on the first day of practice the athletic fee ($100 for track and field) and accompanying form must be paid at the Eau Claire School District Accounting Department at 500 Main Street. A link to the form is available at Memorial's web page.
OUR FIRST HIGHWAY CLEAN-UP IS SCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY .
Athletes participating should meet at the Indoor Sport Center parking lot no later than 12:55 PM. Athletes should wear long pants, a long sleeve shirt, a hat, durable close-toed shoes, and work gloves. We will return to the same parking lot approximately 3:00 PM.
Those athletes planning on participating in the highway clean-up should view a video on highway safety. The video can be accessed by doing the following:
1. Visit the Department of Transportation website at www.dot.state.wi.us .
2. Select the link titled "Programs for local government".
3. Under "other aid", select "adopt-a-highway".
4. Select the "adopt-a-highway safety tips" video on YouTube. The video lasts about 9 minutes and 20 seconds.