Memorial's Web Address: www.memorial.ecasd.k12.wi.us - http://www.ecasd.k12.wi.us/schools/high/memorial
Notice the actual URL. Because the district deadline for getting the pages online is at the end of summer 2010, this will be changing back to our regular address. Currently, if you type in our regular address it will take you to Memorial's new site.
If you would like to revisit our old site
REVIEW THE NEW SITE
- District Header/Tabs - These are the same for all pages at all schools in the district.
Tabs District, Schools, Students, Parents, Community, Staff
- School Banner - Developed by CMS and unique for each schools in the district. If you have the wrong school banner, let the web administrator in you building know. This will also add the main link back to Memorial to your menu.
- Left side menus - Managed by District, each group High Schools, Middle schools, Elementary schools are similar
- About our school - These items should rarely change
- Parent/Student Information - annually/weekly changes
- Staff Directory - Lists staff and they can be sorted.
- Library Resources -
- Departments - Services our building provides
- Academics - Teacher websites
- Student Activities - opens in a new web site. if you want access to your activity let me know.
- Athletics - opens in a new web site. If you want access to your sport let me know.
- Community Connections -
- FAQ's -
- Information under the banner is each individual school's information
- Every Page has the ability to have a right side column of information.
- You can click on any level of the menu. You can go back a page by clicking on the links just under the banner that lead you back.
MY FACULTY WEB SITE
- Your faculty web page can be as small (single profile page) or as large as you wish.
- You can edit it from anywhere. (Although you cannot get to your H: drive from anywhere.)
- Skyward, Duplicating entries. (homework and calendar)
- Does not edit information on activates/clubs/athletics. There are separate web additions for that.
- New Term CAPTCHA is the current way web designer prevent spam.
- Photos you add to your site are automatically reconfigured for optimum web size and viewing, so it is important to save an original photo to your HD.
- It is best to upload your files as PDF's. People cannot edit them as easily. Unless you want student to edit them, then word.docs are fine.
- Power Points should be converted to isping files. I can go over this individually if you will upload Power Point files.
- There is no way to copy and/or paste entire pages.
HOW TO FIND FACULTY WEB PAGES
- Go to a Staff Directory Page.
- After their name Title; Email; Phone; you will see Web site.
- Just click on the Website link.
LOGGING INTO YOUR FACULTY WEBPAGE
- Log-in under the staff menu from "any" location/place/time. There is no need for other software to be loaded onto your computer. (Log-In)
- Here you view any news and/or information from CMS.
- Edit My Profile; Ever staff has one that shows up on their home page.
- First Name: This information is pulled from district server
- Last Name: This information is pulled from district server
- Title: This information is pulled from district server
- Email: This information is pulled from district server
- Phone:: This information is pulled from district server
- Passwords: This information is pulled from district server
- Upload Large Profile Photo: It must be in .jpg or .gif format. The photo only shows up on your home page.
- Profile Text; Enter anything you want and change as needed. This text only show up on your home page.
- My Faculty Administration; Click here to edit your website. You have the ability to set up and maintain your own web page that will be imbedded within the school's main website.
- Change Password; Your password cannot be changed here
- Web Site Statistics; Set up with Google to view your websites traffic
(Click "My Faculty Administration" to begin editing your site.)
MY HOME PAGE
- This section views the layout and menus of your website
- It is another way to access your pages for editing
- You will see this section grow as you add pages
FACULTY ADMIN HOMEPAGE
- “Home page” for the web administrative (This is where you are)
MY NAVIGATION BUILDER HOME
- We will come back to this…..
MY CALENDAR ADMIN (Click My Calendar Admin)
- Here is where you enter all your calendar data. We will display the calendar information into your website later.
- This only edits information on your faculty calendar, not the school calendar. If you would like information posted to the all school calendar on the home page, let Kristen or I know.
- Edit locations - This is for “any” locations you will be located. They can be seen throughout the district. CMS will provide a map if needed of the location.
- Edit categories - (Click and add a couple of Categories. Ex. English 10, and AP English)
- Calendar dates - (Click on a date to select date then take some time to enter information, Selecting the categories you have created.)
MY FILE UPLOADS
- This is used to upload a file that is to be linked on several pages.
- You will need to copy and paste the URL it gives you into the pages you want the file accessed from.
- Probably not be used at all or very often.
FACULTY HELP MANUAL
- More detailed help manuals
- Automatically logs you out after one hour of inactivity.
- Click the X to close the window.
- Click on Log-out.
(Click on My Navigation Home Builder and continue to follow along.)
MY NAVIGATION HOME BUILDER
- Take a few minutes to think about how you would like to layout your website?
- It is EASY to change any of these settings if/when you change your mind, and as your site evolves.
- You have 3 levels to organize your work.
- Lvl; Link Name; Page Type; Page Detail; Update; Delete; Preview
My Home Page
ADDING PAGES TO YOUR FACULTY WEBSITE:
- Click "Add Page at the top of the Navigation Builder Home page. This will bring up the add Page utility.
- Type in a Navigation Link name. This is the link itself that will appear in your left side navigation bar.
- Choose a Page Navigation Type
- Internal Web Page: by selecting this option, you are dictating that this link will be for a new page within your Web site.
- Physical File: This is the file name that will be used for this page. Each page must have a unique physical file name. if you choose a name that already exists for another page, a warning message will appear. This file name cannot have any spaces, just letters, numerals and underscores.
- Page Title: This is an optional field. The text that you enter into this box will appear in the title area of this page. It is recommended that you include a title for each page.
- Existing Banner Graphic; I haven't had time to create any.
- Web Site Link: This option will be used for linking to a specific Web site address. This could link to a Web address on some other external web site or it could link to a file within your web site.
- Type: Decide whether clicking on this link will bring your website users to open a new window or keep them with in the current window.
- URL: Type in the full web address of the desired destination. Be sure to include the http://. also, you can save yourself some work by going to the desired address in another browser, copying the web address out of the address bar and pasting it into this field.
- Choose the Navigation Link Status. This will default to "active: for all new pages. This will allow you to temporarily make a page inactive. When inactive, the page will still exist but it will not be part of the navigation links on the left side. You can schedule a time for it to be active.
- Dictate the Navigation Order. Use this drop down to select where in the navigation this link will appear.
- Select the desired Navigation Level.
- Level 1 links are the main links on the left side.
- Level 2 & 3 links are the lower level links that users can get to you first clicking on a higher-level 1 link.
- You will notice that the lower level links are indented in on the Web site map. This makes it much easier to read the web site map.
- Click "Add" to add the new page.
- The steps above provide information on the "required" content to add a new page. If you want to learn more about the "extra fields in the navigation builder read through the Navigation Builder help manual.
ADDING CONTENT/TOOLS TO A PAGE:
- There are two ways to locate the desired web page. In the site map and click on the Main Body detail link or, if you prefer, you can click on the link in the left navigation area to get the same results. (If it is a level 2 or 3 link, you will not see this link unless you first select the level 1 link that it is under.)
- The "main body" detail page for this page will result. This is the area where you will add/update/delete the copy that appears on this page The first time you go to this detail page, the page will be empty.
- Notice "Main Body" and "right side menu" at the top of the page.
- Select the tool that you would like to use for adding content to this page. Click on the drop-down to select the desired tool. With this detail page, you are able to add as many tools as you need. For example, you can add 2 text graphic editor items and a calendar all on the same page. When doing so, you can order these by selecting the appropriate location from the drop-down box after the tool selection drop-down. (For now select Text and Graphic Editor)
- Bulletin Board/Forum/Blog: Lets you create discussion pages.
- Calendar of Events: This tool will allow you to pull the desired categories of events from your main calendar.
- Embed Audio/Video:
- Interactive Forms: This will allow you to add a survey on on-line form to your site. Sample
- Links: This tool is ideal for creating an organized list of Web Site resources.
- Photo Gallery: This tool will allow you to add photo albums with unlimited photos to your page. Sample
- Resource/News: This tool is perfect for uploading your newsletter, linking out to a great article on another web site, external or internal, or creating your own quick news flash. Sample
- Slide show: This tool will allow you to make your own timed slide show. This is a great way of showing a variety of photos on your homepage. Sample
- Text/Graphic Editor: This will be the tool that you will use the most often. This gives you an easy to use editor that will allow you to add text and graphics.
- Copy and past, formatting text works like a word processor
- text editors 1 (simple) and 2 (advanced) editing.
- Press Enter for paragraph break, Press Shift + Enter for single line brakes.
- Add links to other web pages
- Add tables.
- Right Column of Page
- Resource/news; This links to files, websites
- Right side text/graphic,
- Slide Show;
- upcoming events; pulls events from the calendar
For Examples of some staff sites already created, check the menu under Academics and looks for staff listed. Let me know when your site is ready to go and I will add your name to the list.
When your page is ready to go I will make it easier for people to find by linking it to the academic menu.