In 1949, Sam G. Davey Memorial School opened its doors for learning. The facility boasted being the most modern of the elementary schools in Eau Claire with thirteen new classrooms. It had a kindergarten department that was a very progressive idea in elementary education at the time. It was completely Eau Claire designed and built with the latest ideas in construction and equipment.
A new addition was built in the early 1970's. The "open classroom" concept was popular and the library and six classrooms were included. Ironically it was the demand to change the open classroom environment that was the primary reason for the remodeling of the school in May, 2005. The library became self contained, as well as the six classrooms. When the school opened in the fall of 2005 our students and staff appreciated the quiet learning environment from new classroom walls.
Sam Davey School has an outstanding reputation in our community and is well known for quality education and fine teaching over the years. Because of the dedicated staff, our school is a very pleasant place where learning and achievement is expected but also enjoyable. Parents have encouraged their children to show respect and have always been there to support our efforts to educate and guide their children.